General Description of the Program
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCpE) is a program that embodies the science and technology of design, development, implementation, maintenance, and integration of software and hardware components in modern computing systems and computer-controlled equipment.
This program will produce computer engineers who are versatile and knowledgeable in computer science and electrical engineering, as well as in the foundations of mathematics and sciences. Also, computer engineers are expected to be life-long learners to maintain their knowledge and skills within their chosen discipline.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering program are:
- Involved in solving complex technical problems using their professional knowledge and skills, contributing to engineering practice and service activities.
- Engaged in continuous personal and professional development activities.
- Employed in significant roles with greater responsibilities in various sectors of the society.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Computer Engineering graduates may pursue a career in one of the following occupation:
Project Manager / Engineer
Network Engineer / Specialist
Semiconductor Device Fabrication / Manufacturing Engineer
Security Operations Engineer