Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
General Description of the Program
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) is a four-year program that aims to provide students with knowledge in mathematics and science to be applied in the different specializations such as structural, transportation, water resource, geotechnical, environmental and construction project management. Under this program, students are trained to have exceptional skills in planning, design, and supervision of different infrastructures and civil engineering works.
The graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering program are:
- Involved in solving complex problems using their technical knowledge and skills professionally and ethically, contributing to engineering practice and service activities.
- Engaged in significant roles with greater responsibilities in various sectors of the society.
- Engage in continuous professional development activities.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science in solving engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles both as a member and a leader of a team.
All graduates of Civil Engineering have career opportunities in different fields such as:
Construction Project Management
Oil and Gas
Program Educational Objectives
Three to five years after graduation, the civil engineering alumni shall be:
Involved in solving complex problems using their technical knowledge and skills
Engaged in significant roles with greater responsibilities in various sectors of the society
Engaged in continuous professional development activities